Sag Harbor Fire

Cause of Sag Harbor fire will never be known: fire officials Buildings were so badly damage新爱上海同城对对碰论坛

上海同城对对碰交友社区
d that further investigation is reportedly impossible

The cause of last month’s catastrophic fire along Main Street in Sag Harbor is unlikely to ever be determined, fire officials said.

Compass and Brown Harris Stevens’ offices in Sag Harbor, as well as a historic cinema, were destroyed in a massive fire that tore through Main Street on Dec. 16. East Hampton Chief Fire Marshal David Browne told the New York Post that, because two buildings were razed, is impossible to really know the cause.

“A lot of what was there was gone,” he told the Post. “There’s not much we can really find.”

East Hampton Fire Marshal Tom Baker said his decision to cut power in the area immediately afte上海千花网

爱上海同城对对碰
r the fire also makes it difficult to understand the cause. He requested the p上海夜网论坛

上海夜网
ower be cut to keep the 300 firefighters safe, but it now means he is unable to assess the voltage at the time of the blaze.

Baker has ruled 上海同城对对碰交友社区

上海夜网论坛
out cigarettes as the cause of the fire, despite some reports cigarette butts were found nearby.

“We found cigarette butts everywhere 上海千花网龙凤论坛

上海千花社区
in Sag Harbor,” he said. “We can’t pinpoint the fire to a cigarette and we found burning in places where a cigarette couldn’t have gotten.”

After the blaze, Suffolk County fire investigators ruled out criminality, saying there was “nothing suspicious” about it. The investigation is now over, according to Baker, “unless someone comes forward with information.” [NYP] Miriam Hall

Tags: fire, sag harbor
We are having some technical difficulties. Try again later.

By clicking Subscribe you agree to our Privacy Policy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *